Wednesday 28 December 2016

Netizens discuss celebrities' excessive pay for TV show appearances


Daum Cafe: Kim Gura says the pay you get from TV shows is like a drug 
(t/n: Panel discusses the good sum of pay they get for broadcast and how it makes it hard for someone to quit the industry because of it - e.g. like being addicted to a drug. OP also says that they get paid for re-runs.)

- People curse at you anyway even if you're a normal citizen so might as well be a celebrity and earn a whole lot of money while people curse at you.

- But celebrities don't earn a lot of money right from the very beginning just like that! There's a lot of idols or people that started from the very bottom that only got $10 or didn't get enough for how much they earned leading to them suing their companies... I think a lot of people on the Internet are careless to say that celebrities have it easy and that they earn money "for doing nothing" but I don't think that's true...? It applies to other jobs too, you have to work hard to get your name out there before the money comes in

- So true...
I work at a broadcast company, and f*ck we don't get paid enough.....
Give more money to the staff instead
> Me too. We're the ones going through all the hard work, they should pay us more
> I'm an FD (Floor Director) and we get all the critcisms from the higher ups ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ We do all the hard work and yet our pay is so low...
> Hul.... I wanted to work in the broadcasting industry though...
> I'm regretting ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ They really don't pay enough and it's super hard. Working on a live show is really stressful, it's only fun in the beginning but afterwards it's just a lot of stress.

- They a percentage paid too for re-runs, like 20% to 50%

- This is why I'm jealous of celebrities... once you hit it big, the money will start to flow
Yeah it's hard but is there a job that isn't? It's better if you make a lot of money

- No matter what anyone says, I still wouldn't want to be a celebrity

- I personally think the amount they get paid doesn't equal the work that they do on broadcast... the staff should get paid more instead

- This world is so hard I'd rather be a money-maker
> I don't care if you all curse at me, I think it'd be worth it

- They also get paid if their photo comes out on a drama ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

- I bet MuDo gets paid really well

- Imagine the cast of High Kick then..... I didn't know they get paid for reruns too




0 comments:

Post a Comment