Monday 20 February 2017

Customers who speak to service workers informally?



Customer A: Excuse me
Waiter: Yes?
Customer A: Water

Customer B: There's this thing... don't you think it's better to address restaurant workers politely?
Customer A: How?
Customer B: "Please give me water," like this.
Customer A: Why should I?  I'm a customer.

Customer A: Hey (to the waiter)! Beer.

Daum Cafe: I'm embarrassed when I'm at a restaurant with this type of person.jpg

- This is my mom and dadㅜㅜ They always speak informally to part-time workers it's very embarrassing..

- So true ㅋㅋ They can't even speak like that to those who are higher in status than themㅋㅋㅋ but they abuse their power on service workers

- I have a similar experience.  I was riding a taxi with this person and they were such an asshole to the driver so when I asked about it when we got off, they said that the driver's getting paid so what.. ugh.. that's not even the problem, the fact is they treated that person like dirtㅠ

- You can tell what kind of person someone is through how they act in those situations

- But there's some people who are just shy so they don't like to talk a lot and will just say 'Hey.. water..' with their cups raised, would that still be considered rude?
> Employees won't know for sure if that person is just shy so they could get mistaken for being rude too
> But there's a clear difference between someone disrespectfully saying "Hey! Water!" and "Hey.. water.."
> The words I hate the most is when they say "Miss! (t/n: ahgashi) Water"

- I work part-time and an old man wanted a new plate, he didn't say anything and all he did was tap his chopsticks on the plate and made a noise like 'ddaeng ddaeng ddaeng!'
> I've gone through something similar, I was bringing them food and I asked where I should put it and they didn't even acknowledge me and just tapped with their hands at the spot in front of themㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ It made me feel like I was their dog, that bastard

- Ugh..... seriously... they think they're way above you or something

- Huh, there are actually people like that?? I've never seen anyone like that...
> If you've worked part-time at a restaurant, there are actually a lot

- I asked them, "How many people?" and the old guy said, "Ha! Ahgashi? Can't you count? Try to count! Then you'll find out how many of us there are!" He actually got mad at MEㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ the bastard

- A lot of elderly act like that.. from my experience

- This is just a problem with those people's characters

- That's why I always tell my family members if we're out somewhere to always use formal language with anyone... even if they're an elementary student or a middle school student, it's always formal language for me.  Why would you use informal language with someone you don't know;;  When I used to work in a service job, I would speak formally to kids too...




0 comments:

Post a Comment